Lifeline Canberra is the original creator of the Accidental Counsellor course.
This two-day program has been developed for people in virtually any role, who find themselves in situations where empathetic communication is required.
The program provides participants with a range of tried and tested counselling skills that work to create effective communication and de-escalate clients who are highly distressed, angry, abusive, manipulative or need assistance for a mental health issue.
This course covers the following topics:
- What is an accidental counsellor
- Values, conflict and crisis
- Communication and listening skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Building Rapport
- Increasing mental health awareness
- Suicide awareness
- Dealing with people in difficult situations
- Self care and debriefing
Participants will leave with a toolbox of skills and be competent in the following:
- Identifying signs of individuals in need of crisis support
- Active listening skills
- Crisis support skills
- Setting boundaries
- Self-care and self-reflection
Minimum 8 participants / Maximum 18 participants
To make a booking, please contact us below or on email@example.com
By attending training with Lifeline, you agree to our terms and conditions.
No courses currently scheduled.